Monday 11 November 2013

Thailand: beginnings

We arrived in Bangkok at midnight and passed through the nonexistent customs with no trouble. The only problem was that somebody had picked up my bag instead of hers, so I left the airport with a much smaller load than everybody else and consequentially got stuffed into the jump seat in the back of the taxi with the rest of the luggage.

Before I went to sleep I checked Facebook and found a message from the derper who didn't thoroughly check which bag she was taken. I went to sleep with the relief of at least knowing the exact address of my towel, even if it was not the same as my address. In the morning we got food and wandered around the neighborhood, and within 12 hours my bag had arrived by courier from the airport. Emirates did an excellent job on that.

We've spent the afternoon alternately planning and eating, and tonight we are going to go to a night market. Thailand looks like it's going to be awesome.

(Note: this concludes the last of my catching-up posts. I wrote this on November 11th in Bangkok. This post also marks two months outside of the United States.)

No comments:

Post a Comment