Saturday 23 November 2013

Beach bummin'

I'm lying in a bamboo bungalow listening to the rain pouring down. When it lightens up I'll go grab breakfast on the beach, maybe with a Thai iced tea. When it stops raining I'll go rent a boogie board and go swimming in the ocean. Then I'll come back and get a beer and read my book. They'll play comfortably numb and time as the sun goes down, and after it gets dark we'll play card games like jackass. I'll do really well for the first couple of rounds and then, aided by a continuous infusion of Chang beer, I'll end up as the jackass. When we finish playing I'll claim one of the hammocks as my own and rock gently in it until I fall asleep. I'll wake up four hours later, and walk carefully across the sand to my bungalow. I'll fight with the mosquito net until I'm all the way into my bed, and then lie there with my hands behind my head and smile at the ceiling. I won't have worn shoes the entire day.

No comments:

Post a Comment