Wednesday 18 December 2013

Home!

I have lots of homes.  I'm lucky that way.  I get to be at home at Slav, in Bellevue, and at 776.  I'm excited whenever I get back to any of my homes, I call them all home, and everybody gets confused.  Sometimes I call Bellevue "home home" to make it clearer, and then people become even more confused.

With that disclaimer out of the way: I'm home!  I'm back at 776 University Avenue, where there's an espresso machine and the best couch ever and my Nathan.  I got back last night at 8 pm and had udon that Nathan made for dinner.

From my journal, here was a partial (and not actually ordered) list of things I wanted to do when I got back:


  • Hug Nathan
  • Fall asleep on couch
  • Fall asleep on couch while watching How It's Made with Nathan
  • Go to Whiskey Friday
  • Eat awesome food at 776
  • Cook awesome food at 776
  • Make bread
  • Make cookies
  • Go to kenpo
  • Fall asleep in my own bed
  • Eat pie
So far I've managed the first, the fifth, and the second to last.  Could I make that sentence easier to understand?  Probably, but I prefer to leave it as a puzzle.

The only bad thing about coming home was finding out that there is no flour and no milk (and now no more eggs) and the kitchen needs cleaning.  This is not actually a surprise when I consider that finals week here just ended.

So here's a list of things I'm going to do today to enjoy being home:

  • Listen to streaming music
  • Enjoy 4G speeds on my phone
  • Use a real keyboard to write emails--suddenly words are actually coming out the way I wanted them to
  • Clean entire kitchen while making a list of all of the things I want to cook this week
  • Steal car from Nathan and go on large grocery run
  • Read books on the couch until I fall asleep, optionally while listening to streaming music
  • Use the last can of garbanzo beans to make hummus, just for the heck of it
  • Consider making cookies.  Defer the making of cookies until tomorrow.  Eat christmas cookies that I found in the kitchen instead.
  • Go out to dinner with Nathan
  • Smile a lot
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment