Saturday 7 September 2013

Warmups and introductions

Warmups: so far we've had a few short hikes to test new equipment and make sure that we're okay with traveling with each other. Last weekend Nathan Golshan and I went for a leisurely overnight trip in the Desolation Wilderness. We hiked to Upper Velma Lake and slept in our hammocks by the lake. It was the best night's sleep I've had in a long time. Nathan caught (and released) a few fish, and we tested out his new stove by making a pot of delicious Mac and cheese. I know Nathan took some pictures, so stay tuned for his post with photos.

Introductions: this year there will be five of us traveling together after the race. We have Nathan Golshan, photographer and tentmaker extraordinaire; Anna Olson, who plays the stop sign in the Stanford band; Darren Chen, a member of our crack mechanical team; Wesley Ford, team lead and ostensible cs major; and Rachel Fenichel, who will be happy as a clam if she only eats PB&J on half of the days that we're in New Zealand.

Our team's official website is at solarcar.stanford.edu if you want some background on who we are and what we'll be doing in Australia. I'll try to post frequent updates but I make no guarantees about how often I'll have internet access while I'm abroad.

Darren and I are about to hop on a plane; the next post will be from Australia!

(Pic: hedgehog at the airport, ready for adventures.)

No comments:

Post a Comment